Tuesday 11 July 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #231 - Sketch!

Hey!

Welcome to another challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches and this month Cathy is our hostess. Last week we had a wonderful fresh and vibrant colour combo to inspire you and this week we have a sketch designed by Cathy...




Argh! Ovals! You might know already that I don't reach for ovals very often. It's a shape that just doesn't sing to me design wise, so it always gets me out of my comfort zone. 

Anyway, this is what I came up with...




I now own some oval dies, so that was one hurdle I have overcome! My design was a spin off from my Design Team Blog Hop & GIVEAWAY card seen HERE (the hop started today too, so there is plenty of time to hop along and comment to be in the chance of winning).




I already had Marvellous Mehndi on my desk, which is the clear stamp set the Uniko DT and myself are revisiting. So it seemed appropriate to give it another outing ;) I used the same colours, which are basically all of the Gansai Tambi Starry Watercolours! 

I stamped and heat embossed the paisley design, as this helps keep the watercolour in place. I just LOVE the sparkle of these watercolour paints. The sentiment is from Simply Said and I added a few sparkly glitter enamel dots to compliment the design.

That's all from me today using the sketch, but if you need some more inspiration using the sketch be sure to pop by the CAS Colours & Sketches blog HERE and see how the DT and Guest Designer have used it.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Hugs

8 comments:

  1. Another fabulous card. Clean, simple and so elegant. Love the way you've coloured that paisley image. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love your card! You certainly rocked your fear of ovals. Those starry watercolours look wonderful and at the weekend I bought some as a special treat and you have inspired me to use them as soon as I am able! Thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS card & gorgeous metallic touches. I know what you mean about ovals - I never use them! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING!!! The colors you used are so fun and I LOVE the oval!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love all the different metallics together, so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the design and the metallics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love the colours you have chosen with that pop of metallic. It is a very elegant combination. I hear you with the ovals I really found this challenge tricky as I never use ovals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fact that you have used neutral colours for this. Great CAS card for all sexes. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated