Friday 30 December 2016

A Look Back At 2016!

Hey!

Welcome back to another 'Look Back At 2016! This year has been an amazing year for myself personally, but it has been a fantastic year for Uniko. We have had 5 fabulous releases, with 16 new clear stamps sets lining the Uniko HQ shelves. 

I don't know about you, but to me this year has almost passed by in a blur! With that in mind I thought it would be nice now the main seasonal festivities are over and as 2016 draws to a close, to take a look back at Uniko's 2016.

Apologies for the delay in posting and not posting yesterday, I had little sleep Wednesday night due to a Josh bean having nightmares, poor little fella. Then on Thursday I had to take Mr Cat to the vet and he had an operation to remove his eye as he had a large tumour in it. Another poor little fella that needed my attention and love post op last night.

Anyway, I am back today, I am taking a look back at the September/October 2016 Release and giving some fresh inky love to Originally Organic, Marvellous Mehndi, Simply Said II, Winter Foliage & Christmas Sparkle clear stamp sets.

First up a super CAS card using Originally Organic...




I was inspired by the current challenge over at TIME OUT Challenges HERE, which is an inspired by words challenge.

'With each sunrise we are given a chance for a new beginning'

I thought the sentiment I chose was appropriate and related to the 'new beginning' part of the challenge phrase. I then decided to accent the sentiment with the leaf cluster and a trio of sunny yellow buds to represent the 'sunrise'.




Next I dusted off Marvellous Mehndi...




For this card I got my distress inks out and enjoyed some relaxing ink blending! The sentiment is a mix of 'Happy' from Simply Said Birthday, which is partially stamped and the 'New Year' is from Simply Said II.




Lastly, I switched gears back to Christmas and combined both Christmas Sparkle & Winter Foliage. Plus I really gave my new MISTI a workout on this card.




I love this multi card layer stamping and lining up the bauble was SO much easier using the MISTI! I was also able to stamp the bauble in Altenew Cosmic Berry ink and then stamp over it again in VersaMark to be able to heat emboss it with Crystal EP.




I hope you will join me again tomorrow, when I will be taking a look back at the 2016 November Release and the last of 2016. Until then, thank you for stopping by.

Hugs

7 comments:

  1. i like the "all things grow with love", but trust me I do not love my weeds and yet they still grow hahaha, got my order today, thank you that was very swift xxx Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous wrap-up of your cards! Hope your boys are feeling better and Mr. Cat's recovery is swift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Gorgeous cards. I love the CAS designs. Stunning.
    cheers and happy new year
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning Bev, love the CAS design of the first for TO, so good to have you join us. Have a wonderful New Year, love to you and your Family xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous collection, Bev ... that first uber CAS one is especially fabulous ... those pops of sunny yellow against all that glorious white space are so delicious! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic set of cards Bev and the one for our challenge is so brilliantly CAS and a great design! Happy New Year! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An array of lovely, Bev! The first especially catches my eye with its pretty spring colours and CAS design. Your sparkle bauble is mighty amazing, too...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated