Thursday 28 July 2016

CAS Colours and Sketches #184

Hey!

This month over at CAS Colours & Sketches we have LOTS of fun challenges in store. As it is the summer months we are taking it in turns to be a hostess for the week. This week our hostess is the lovely Karen.

Karen has come up with this awesome sketch HERE and seen below for you to try...




Another FUN and easy sketch this week. Don't you think? I had a hard time deciding what stamps to use, but this is what I ended up using...




I decided to use Pure Florals: Cosmos with a sentiment from Simpy Said and paired the stamps and sketch with the current Color Throwdown challenge colours seen HERE and below.




The Cosmos flowers are stamped and heat embossed in white onto normal SU! Whisper White CS then lightly watercolored.




I adhered the flower cluster to the card using DST, but as the edges of them were not adhered, it creates a feeling of depth and movement with the petals.

Ok, that's all from me just now, I hope I have inspired you to give the sketch a go and join in on the challenge this week. Be sure to stop on over HERE and check out what the rest of the CAS Colours & Sketches DT have done using the colours and I hope to see you in the gallery.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Supplies:
Ink: SU! Pretty In Pink, So Saffron and Calypso Coral VersaFine Onyx Black
Card Stock: SU! Whisper White. PTI Melon Berry
Accessories: Rhinestones. Detail White Embossing Powder

10 comments:

  1. Have to say I love the cosmos in those soft apricot shades, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so sweet with its pastelly range of springtime colors. Gorgeous make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the watercolored flowers. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love the soft watercolored flowers and sprinkle of bling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev, I really love what you've done with the flowers. I always forget about white embossing so thanks for the reminder. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this CAS design with our colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous subtle flowers work wonderfully with this sketch. A lovely card, as usual, Bev. Love it! Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Bev, I love the soft colours you've used. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The soft colors are gorgeous - and I love how the rhinestones make me think of raindrops or dew drops glistening among the flowers! Sorry I'm so late commenting on your fabby card.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated