Friday 1 January 2016

Hello 2016!

HEY & HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I do hope 2016 has begun well for you all and I wish you all a healthy, happy and creative New Year. 

We saw in the New Year quietly at home and watched the fireworks in London on the TV, with a hot chocolate then went to bed! So rock 'n' roll these days - LOL! 

I also had a little creative time before the New Year arrived and I made two cards to share with you this evening...




First up a 'Hello 2016' shaker card. Again I used the current ColourQ challenge colours seen HERE and below & this time I added in the current Freshly Made Sketches sketch seen HERE and below.






To make my shaker window I used a die from SU! Square Pillow Box collection and the shaker mix is from Little Things From Lucy's Cards. I used Uniko Classic Numbers to stamp the 2016 inside the shaker frame & the 'hello' die is from Mama Elephant die cut in gold CS and mounted over the top of two glittered stripes of double sided tape. You can never have too much glitter & bling to ring in a New Year :)




As I was on a creative roll I decided to make another New Year card, there were a few people I really wanted to send Christmas cards to, but I simply ran out of time. So I plan on sending New Years cards instead :)




This time I went for a mail friendly flat card. I started out by drawing a grid on my white CS layer & stamped the 4 squares from Uniko Classic Alphabet in black ink. I then stamped and heat embossed the 2016 in gold. 




Before rubbing out my grid I stamped 'Happy New Year' in the remaining squares. Once all my stamping was dry I erased the lines, added some glitter to the square outlines and adhered a few white heart dome stickers.

Today has been fairly quiet, this morning was spent with the beans just playing with their Christmas toys and me & my husband joining in ;) Then this afternoon I hosted New Years Day dinner for my husbands Mam, Dad & brother which was lovely. The beans love spending time with their grandparents :)

Now the beans are in bed and the family have left I am enjoying some more creative time & preparing my cards to mail out tomorrow. One of my many New Year resolutions is to send more of the cards I make!

Ok, that's all I have to share with you today. I will be back over the weekend (fingers crossed) with more to share, but if not 'normal' scheduling & work will resume on Monday as the holidays are 'officially' over then! 

Until then, thank you for stopping by & here's to another FABULOUS & EXCITING Year, with many Uniko creations & surprises ;)


11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Lovely cards. One of my resolutions is to make loads more time for being creative. Look forward to seeing your new stamps this year and the surprises! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous duo, Bev ... the grid is so clever and striking ... and that shimmery shaker ... simply gorgeous! Happy New Year! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Bev! These cards are just gorgeous - love the aqua and gold combo :) I hope you had a lovely family Christmas and are ready for another busy and successful year xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Years, everyone! May your year be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you and your business a very happy, creative and successful New Year. I just LOVE these two cards, colours and designs are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute shakerness and a gorgeous New Year creations! Love your grid card, so clever! Looking forward to see more beauties ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you Bev. I think both your cards are super. Love the grid idea - just stunning and sparkle too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous shaker card! Love the sparkle and shine! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are fabulous! Isn't this a fun color palette!!! Happy New Year! Thanks for playing along with ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card! I love that shaker box and the shiny "hello"! What a wonderful way to welcome the new year! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated