Friday 8 November 2013

Jolly Baubles!

Hey!

I've finally turned a corner & feeling slightly better, well enough to spend a few hours in the studio! I made a little card which I was happy with until I added some Stickles for some sparkle and it made the colours run :( 

Why didn't you use your trusty glue pen & Hero Arts Prisma Glitter I hear you ask?! Well, I'm all out of glue pens :( Guess I'll be restocking of those when I am at The Paperlane tomorrow! 

Anyway, here's my little card...




Whilst snuggled on the sofa yesterday afternoon trying to rest & get rid of this cold I had an idea pop into my head which I made a note of on my iPhone so I wouldn't forget! The idea is what you see above to use the 3 circle stamps from Background Builders: Round In Circles as baubles on a Christmas card!

I used SU! Real Red & Lucky Limeade as my colours and on the striped bauble/circle I used my SU! markers to selectively colour each line. The bows on each bauble is from Label Love: Birthday and I simply drew the string with a black fine liner. The striped bauble is also punched out and mounted using foam adhesive for a little dimension & the sentiment is from Jolly Christmas.




I will be having another go at this card design when I've stocked up on glue pens! I fancy having ago at using some different colours too. 

That's all from me today & apologies for my lateness in posting, I will be back tomorrow with a card to share for someone FABULOUS. I'm taking part in an AWESOME blog hop which is NOT to be missed! My post will be at an usual time for me 1pm here in the UK, hope to see you tomorrow :)

Thanks for stopping by :)

9 comments:

  1. Oh, oh, oh!!! I love that offset circle within circle one - I would never have thought to use it like this but it's funky and retro! And Real Red and Stickles are a recipe for disaster. I've also learned that the hard way! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame the colours have run but its still beautiful thou Beverley and the colours you have used are great :)
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card. I love how you've done these ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really nice like the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this card is amazing. Love how you've used the set Beverley. I've got that set too so may have to play around with it again. Get well soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to use the circles for baubles - so clever! I am definitely going to try this! Glad to hear your cold is starting to get better too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea! I think the colours are nicely "blended" with a soft result (see: positive can be found!!). Fun baubles (even the word baubles is fun!), and in my view, a most pretty card!! Hope your cold disappears and that you have a most wonderful shopping trip tomorrow (oh, to have a scrapbook store nearby...). Looking forward to what you'll be sharing tomorrow, you've certainly piqued my interest...
    c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card! Will be trying this myself. Glad to hear you're on the mend, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really clever - what a great way to use these stamps! Great ideas strike at the funniest times ;-) x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated