Wednesday 25 September 2013

Design Team Inspiration - Rainbow Flowers

Hello everyone!
It's Erika here to share a new fun card with you today.

 
I wanted to make a card with lots of color this time so I decided to do some stamping in the colors of the rainbow using the Flower Power #2 stamp set.  

To make this card I cut my card base to an A6 card using some white Bazzill cardstock. I cut of about 1 centimeter from the front to make it a little bit shorter than the back.

Then I stamped my flowers on white cardstock using various Distress Inks and cut them out. When I had them all cut out I started adhering them to the edge of the card front, trying to make them hang over the edge so the front would be as wide as the back again.


Finally I added some washi tape and drew some faux stitching lines around the flowers and beside the washi tape. 

For my sentiment I used the word "just a note" from the All Occasion Sentiments #1 stamp set.


Here is a closeup of the card. Hope you like it.



Supplies
Card Stock: Bazzill Basics Smooth White Cardstock (name unknown)
Ink: Ranger Archival Jet Black, Distress Ink in Seedless Preserves, Aged Mahogany, Worn Lipstick, Scattered Straw, Faded Jeans, Pine Needles, Tumbled Glass.
Stamps: Uniko Studio Flower Power #2, All Occasion Sentiments #1
Other: Washi Tape, Black Marker.

4 comments:

  1. I love this Erika, especially the colours and the way you have edged the card with the cut out flowers - very clever. I have to admit to wanting to turn it round though! but that's just me! - it looks great either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the colours and fantastic design

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated